Disney has announced the Disney Magic Makers contest to recognize those who have been making a positive impact in their communities with a trip to Walt Disney World to celebrate the resort’s 50th anniversary.
- Starting today through October 1, 2021, any U.S. resident over 18 can nominate a person who inspires them for “Disney Magic Makers.”
- The new contest will honor fifty nominees with a trip to Walt Disney World to celebrate the resort’s 50th anniversary celebration and a one-year subscription to Disney+.
- Nominations can be made by visiting DisneyMagicMakers.com. Disney is also encouraging others to celebrate their hometown heroes with social media posts using #DisneyMagicMakers on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or TikTok.
- Disney will also be donating a total of $400,000 to four non-profits: Make-A-Wish, Starlight Children’s Foundation, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and The Nature Conservancy. Each showed innovative ways to continue serving their communities during the pandemic.
What They’re Saying:
- Josh D’Amaro, Chairman, Disney Parks Experiences and Products: “All of us at Disney have been inspired by the countless acts of goodwill by people across the country throughout the pandemic,” said. These magic makers and their stories have changed us in ways we never imagined. That’s why we’re so proud to celebrate those who continue to make everyday magic a reality.”
More on Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary:
- All four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons. These “Beacons of Magic” will transform the icons every night.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, a new fireworks show, “Disney Enchantment,” will light up the sky while “Harmonious” takes place as EPCOT.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will get into the celebration with the new show “Disney KiteTails.”
- 50 golden character sculptures will debut at all four theme parks, along with “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” at Magic Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World Resort announced new nametags coming for Cast Members to celebrate the 50th anniversary including those who were honored with the Walt Disney Legacy Award.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.