Walt Disney World has announced “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” and special golden character sculptures, coming to all four theme parks to celebrate Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary starting October 1, 2021.
- Disney Parks Blog announced new ways Guests will be able to celebrate their favorite Disney characters during the 50th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort with eight new golden character sculptures debuting October 1 at Magic Kingdom Park, and 50 characters in total coming to the series across all four theme parks.
- Disney will reveal the other characters coming to the “Disney Fab 50” later as the countdown to the celebration continues, with “surprising ways” you’ll be able to interact with the sculptures.
- “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” is also coming to Magic Kingdom Park, where Guests can see characters decked out in their new EARidescent costumes for the 50th anniversary.
More on Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary:
- All four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons. These “Beacons of Magic” will transform the icons every night.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, a new fireworks show, “Disney Enchantment,” will light up the sky while “Harmonious” takes place as EPCOT.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will get into the celebration with the new show “Disney KiteTails.”
- Check out the new commercial for Walt Disney World’s 50th celebration.
- The Walt Disney World 50th License Plate has reached its pre-order goal and is available for Florida drivers to purchase.
- Walt Disney World Resort announced new nametags coming for Cast Members to celebrate the 50th anniversary including those who were honored with the Walt Disney Legacy Award.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.