Disney is celebrating June 26th, or 6/26, as Stitch Day, with special offerings at the parks and resorts and showcasing Stitch merchandise available in the parks and on shopDisney.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- Today, Disney Parks and Resorts are celebrating 6/26, or “Stitch Day,” marking the number of Jumba’s experimental abomination (626) from the 2002 classic, Lilo & Stitch.
- To celebrate, the Disney Parks Blog has shared ways Stitch is wreaking havoc at the parks and resorts, as well as a few ways fans can bring some Stitch fun home.
- Out in Hawaii (where Stitch originally landed) guests can say “aloha” to Stitch and Angel at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa. Experiment 624, AKA Angel, joined Stitch at Aulani a few months ago, and they have been stealing guests’ hearts ever since! There have also been Experiment 626 sightings in Tomorrowland at Disneyland park as well as in Paradise Garden Park at Disney California Adventure park.
- At Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Springs is offering a Stitch Mini-Mousse at Amorette’s Patisserie. This lemon chiffon cake has a blueberry mousse, lemon curd bomb and white chocolate crispy pearls and is only available through June 28 and while supplies last. And this weekend only at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, guests can enjoy a special Stitch cone featuring blue vanilla ice cream, white chocolate ears and “galactic” popping candy, all served in a waffle cone at Pineapple Lanai or head over to Capt. Cook’s for a Stitch milk chocolate dome cake with white chocolate ganache icing and white chocolate ears!
- In Hong Kong Disneyland, Stitch can be found celebrating by flying his very own spaceship on the Orbitron in a special photo op at the park. Snapchat users around the world can also use a special filter available with a custom augmented reality experience featuring Stitch for users to interact with.
- Disney nuIMOs are getting in on the fun, with the latest outfits available for you Stitch and Angel nuIMOs at Mickey’s of Hollywood and Disney Springs at Walt Disney World and at Disney Showcase and Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort. nuIMOs are also available on shopDisney, along with a Stitch Cuddlez Plush, Mini Loungefly Backpack, and colorful Stitch pin. A Disneyland Spirit Jersey featuring Stitch is also available in Downtown Disney, as well as shopDisney.
- Aside from shopDisney, global retailers are getting in the fun, including a Lokai bracelet, and Stitch earrings from Disney x Rocklove.