El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood has announced a Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings Opening Night Fan Event on September 2, 2021 at 7:00 pm PT.
- Marvel fans in Hollywood can get tickets now for El Capitan Theatre’s Opening Night Fan Event for Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings on September 2 at 7:00 pm PT.
- The Opening Night Fan Event includes one reserved seat, one 64oz popcorn tub, one 20oz bottled beverage, one Shang-Chi Reusable Bag, one Opening Night Fan Event Souvenir Credential with Lanyard, and one Brick Breakers Collectible Toy.
- Tickets for the Fan Event are on sale now and cost $50 per person.
- Can’t make it to the fan event? Daily showtimes at El Capitan Theatre are currently 12:00 pm, 3:30 pm, 7:00 pm, and 10:30 pm (subject to change). Tickets at El Capitan Theatre are $20 per adult and $16 per child (3-11). D23 Gold Members can receive some complimentary snacks including a 64oz popcorn tub and 20oz bottled beverage by showing their member card at the daily screenings.
About Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings:
- The story focuses on Shang-Chi’s relationship with his father, who closed him off from the outside world while he trained in the martial arts, only to release him later to do his bidding. Shang-Chi would eventually learn that his father was not the man he thought he was. Now he must confront the past he thought he left behind when he is drawn into the web of the mysterious Ten Rings organization.
About El Capitan Theatre:
- In the 1920s, Charles Toberman and Sid Grauman built the Egyptian, Chinese, and El Capitan theatres. The El Capitan originally staged musicals and plays before being converted for film for the world premiere of Orson Welles’ Citizen Kane.
- In 1989, the Walt Disney Company teamed up with Pacific Theatres to launch a two-year restoration of The El Capitan Theatre led by theatre designer Joseph J. Musil, recreating the original 1926 look and feel.
- Since 1991, The El Capitan Theatre has been used as an exclusive first-run theatre for The Walt Disney Studios. It has also hosted live stage shows, world premieres, special events, and screenings of classic Disney films.
- The El Capitan Theatre has been declared a Historic Cultural Monument by the City of Los Angeles.
Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings comes to theaters on September 3, 2021.