Former HBO media executive Cecile Cross-Plummer has joined ESPN as vice president, corporate communications.
- ESPN has announced that Cecile Cross-Plummer has joined ESPN as vice president, corporate communications.
- Cross-Plummer will work with ESPN’s talent office, and will oversee the communications department’s efforts promoting The Undefeated.
- Her role will also focus on enhancing outreach to multicultural audiences as part of ESPN’s audience expansion initiative.
What They’re Saying:
- Chris LaPlaca, ESPN senior vice president, corporate communications: “Cecile’s talent, relationships, perspective and experience managing an iconic brand in the press instantly makes an already strong team that much better. She’s also a massive sports fan. We’re thrilled to have her join us and we look forward to what’s next.”
- Cecile Cross-Plummer: “Combining my love of sports with my PR experience, has been a long-time dream of mine. So, I am extremely grateful for this opportunity and can’t wait to get the ball rolling.”
About Cecile Cross-Plummer
- Cross-Plummer was born and raised in Jamaica. She moved to New York City shortly after completing her high school education.
- She attended Hunter College earning a bachelor of arts in communication and media studies. She interned at HBO and eventually got a job at the network as an assistant, before ultimately becoming vice president, media relations.
- During her tenure at HBO she oversaw the planning and execution of a signature series, including:
- The Wire
- The Outsider
- Lovecraft Country
- I May Destroy You
- Beyonce: Life Is But a Dream