- The renewal of Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. comes almost three months after the Season 1 finale of the coming-of-age medical half-hour dramedy was released on November 10th.
- Created and executive produced by Kourtney Kang, Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. follows the adventures of Lahela “Doogie” Kameāloha (Lee), a 16-year-old girl, juggling a budding medical career and life as a teenager in modern-day Hawaiʻi.
- The cast of the series, a reboot of the popular ’90s medical drama Doogie Howser, M.D. starring Neil Patrick Harris, also includes Jason Scott Lee, Kathleen Rose Perkins, Matthew Sato, Wes Tian, Emma Meisel, Mapuana Makia and Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman. Ronny Chieng, Alex Aiono and the late Al Harrington recurred in Season 1.
- Executive producing alongside Kang are Melvin Mar, Jake Kasdan, Dayna Bochco, Jesse Bochco, Erin O’Malley, Matt Kuhn and Justin McEwen.
- Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. is a Disney Branded Television series and is produced by 20th Television for Disney+.
- Be sure to check out our review of the first season of Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.
More Disney+ News:
- Disney+ has announced that the Gillian Jacobs-directed documentary film More Than Robots will premiere at the world-renowned SXSW (South by Southwest) Film Festival on March 14th, with a release on Disney+ to follow on Friday, March 18th.
- A new original Spanish series titled The Last One, or La Última, is currently in production for Disney+.
- An adaptation of LGBT-themed sci-fi young adult novel The Temperature of Me and You is now in the works at Disney+, from former studio executives Foster Driver (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Zoe Kent (Cruella, Mulan).