Kelly Ripa will be hosting a new game show called Generation Gap, airing this summer on ABC.
- Generation Gap comes from Jimmy Kimmel and Mark Burnett, and was actually ordered by the network three years ago.
- Since then, it has been sitting in production limbo, but will finally come to TV screens this July with Kelly Ripa as host.
- The first episode will air on Thursday, July 7th at 9:00 pm, following the return of Press Your Luck.
- The concept for the show is actually based on a bit that Kimmel has regularly performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Generation Gap pairs teams of grandparents and grandkids, challenging them to answer questions about pop culture from each other’s generations.
- Generation Gap is produced by MGM Television, Kimmelot and Milojo. Mark Burnett, Jimmy Kimmel, Barry Poznick, Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos, Albert Bianchini, Alycia Rossiter and Jonathan Kimmel will serve as executive producers.
More ABC News:
- ABC has set the spring season finale dates for its scripted programming, including the series finale of the long-running black-ish. The 13th and final episode of Season 8 of the Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross-starring show will air on Tuesday, April 19th at 9 p.m.
- American Idol returns to Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawaii, to kick off two nights of spectacular performances by the Top 24, this Sunday, April 10th and Monday, April 11th at 8:00 P.M. ET.
- ABC has reportedly canceled a slate of game shows, including the Alec Baldwin-hosted Match Game.