Jimmy Kimmel’s street game segment, “Generation Gap” from his late night talk show will be turned into a game show for ABC. The news was announced during today’s 2019 TCA Summer Press Tour Event.
- Jimmy Kimmel is partnering with producer Mark Burnett to executive produce Generation Gap, a new game show coming to ABC.
- This comedy quiz show groups family members of different generations who must work together to answer questions about each other’s generations.
- This “fun for the whole family” show features a wide variety of pop-culture trivia and challenges, such as asking an 8-year-old to finish the famous catchphrase, “Go ahead. Make my BLANK!”
- Additional details surrounding production and airdates, as well as a host, to be announced at a later date.
Generation Gap will be produced by:
- MGM Television
- The game show will be executive produced by:
- Mark Burnett
- Jimmy Kimmel
- Barry Poznick
More from Jimmy Kimmel:
- In addition to Generation Gap, Kimmel will also partner with Norman Lear to present two new Live in Front of a Studio Audience specials for ABC.
More ABC game shows:
- This summer, the network rebooted to two classic game shows: Card Sharks and Press Your Luck.
- The goofy mini-golf game Holey Moley is in full swing! The show pairs self-proclaimed mini-golf experts against each other for the ultimate prize: $25,000 and the coveted Holey Moley plaid sportcoat.
- Just last week, ABC announced that Adam Scott will host the new game show Don’t.