- ABC Entertainment and Fremantle have announced that actor and comedian Joel McHale will host Card Sharks, a suspenseful game where players can win a fortune on the turn of a single playing card.
- The show is set to air this summer on ABC.
Card Sharks game play:
- Two players facing off in a head-to-head elimination race where the winning player claims a $10,000 cash prize and a chance to turn that amount into a life-changing payday.
- The anticipation builds as the winning contestant risks their prize on predicting seven final cards.
- The player leaves the game with whatever amount of money they have in their bank after their prediction, and results are revealed on the flip of their seventh and final card.
What they’re saying:
- Joel McHale: “I’m very excited to be hosting Card Sharks. Game winners can win tens of thousands of dollars and in an updated twist – losers will be fed to a pen of adult Tiger Sharks.”
About Joel McHale:
- McHale was most recently seen in The Happy Time Murders, as well as Netflix’s A Futile and Stupid Gesture.
- He recently hosted The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale on Netflix, a half-hour topical series that took a sharp, absurdist look at pop culture and news from across the globe.
- In 2015, he wrapped the 12th and final season of E! Network’s The Soup, in which he satirized pop culture and current events.
- He is best known for his starring role on the hit comedy series Community.
- Other starring feature roles include:
- Jerry Bruckheimer-produced, supernatural thriller Deliver Us from Evil
- Warner Bros’ romantic comedy Blended
- Seth MacFarlane’s Ted
- Steven Soderbergh’s The Informant
- What’s Your Number?
- In 2014, McHale hosted the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner in Washington D.C.
- He also hosted The 2015 ESPYS on ABC.
- In the fall of 2016, McHale released his first book, “Thanks for the Money: How to Use My Life Story to Become the Best Joel McHale You Can Be,” which is part memoir, part self-help guide.