Gosh, folks, it feels like the 1970s and 80s all over again. ABC Entertainment has picked up not one, but two more classic game shows for a modern reboot, bringing back Press Your Luck and Card Sharks.
- ABC Entertainment has announced that they’ve picked up fan-favorite game shows Press Your Luck and Card Sharks for a return to television.
- The Fremantle-produced game shows will go into production this spring with exciting updates that everyone in the family will enjoy.
- Hosts and premiere dates will be announced soon.
Press Your Luck:
- Press Your Luck is a game of wits, strategy and even higher stakes as contestants try to avoid the iconic and devilish WHAMMY for a chance at life-changing cash and prizes.
- During each game, three contestants compete against each other answering questions to earn spins on the Big Board.
- Contestants then use their spins to win cash and prizes while trying to avoid the WHAMMY, who could take all of their winnings and leave them with nothing.
- The winning contestant moves on to the All-New Bonus Round to face the WHAMMY in a final battle for the chance to win a fortune.
- John Quinn is the showrunner for Press Your Luck, in addition to serving as an executive producer, along with Fremantle’s Jennifer Mullin.
- Card Sharks is a game where one turn of a playing card can make you a winner or a loser!
- The road to glory and riches begins with two players who face off in a head-to-head elimination game with the goal of one player making it to the grand prize winning deck.
- The anticipation builds as each contestant has to decide if the odds are worth the risk of losing it all and making it to the big game.
- Ultimately, players can either take their earned cash and quit or continue betting with the hope of reaching the top for a chance to take home a life-changing cash prize.
- Card Sharks showrunner and executive producer is Scott St. John.
- Jack Martin and Jennifer Mullin are also executive producers.
- Fremantle is one of the largest and most successful creators, producers and distributors of scripted and unscripted content in the world.
- A global entertainment powerhouse, Fremantle has an outstanding international network of production teams, companies, and labels in over 30 countries.
- Fremantle produces more than 12,000 hours of original programming, roll out more than 60 formats and air 450 programs a year worldwide.
- The group distributes over 20,000 hours of content in more than 200 territories.
- Fremantle is also a world leader in digital and branded entertainment, with more than 300 million subscribers across 1,400 social channels and over 100 billion views across all platforms.