It looks like FX will be adding to its arsenal of comedy. The network has reportedly given a pilot order for the comedy series English Teacher, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- English Teacher follows “gay high school English teacher in Austin, Texas and his fellow teachers trying to balance the competing demands of the students and their parents in a world where the rules seem to change every day.”
- The show comes from Brian Jordan Alvarez, who will also star in the pilot.
- Alvarez will also executive produce the series along with Paul Simms.
- Alvarez is the creator of the YouTube sitcom The Gay and Wondrous Life of Caleb Gallo and has also had a recurring role on Will & Grace.
ICYMI – More FX news:
- FX has released the trailer for their upcoming comedy series, The Bear.
- The Under the Banner of Heaven original score soundtrack was announced last month and is set to be released sometime this month.
- The Walt Disney Company, ESPN and XFL have reached an exclusive multi-year agreement that will see some XFL games played on FX.
- Hulu has released their slate of programming coming to the streaming service this summer, and new feature films, new seasons of favorite series, documentaries, and plenty of kids and family programming are all set to be discovered.