Presidents Day Weekend is this upcoming weekend, and with it, crowds are sure to descend upon the Walt Disney World Resort. To prepare for your visit, Disney has shared a note regarding the Disney Genie+ service.
UPDATE [2/19/23]: As anticipated, Genie+ is no longer available at Walt Disney World today. Sales for tomorrow will begin at 12:01 a.m. This is the first time the service has sold out at Walt Disney World, but it has previously done so at the Disneyland Resort.
- With the crowds expected at all four Walt Disney World theme parks this weekend, Disney expects Disney Genie+ to sell out.
- Upon sell out, the service will not be available to purchase until the next day.
- For those unaware, Disney Genie+ is a service that allows guests access to Lightning Lane entrances at select attractions.
- On average, Guests can enter 2 to 3 attractions or experiences per day using Lightning Lane entrances, if the first selection is made early in the day.
- Certain attractions make use of Individual Lightning Lane, which is a separate purchase not related to Disney Genie+. Therefore those will sell out at a different, likely faster rate than Disney Genie+.
- The attractions featuring Individual Lightning Lane are:
More Walt Disney World News:
- Fairy Godmother’s Apprentices at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique have received new training to allow for a greater diversity of hair textures and types.
- Just a few hours after becoming available, all AP preview dates for TRON Lightcycle / Run have reached capacity.
- A delightful new video features Walter and The Great Gonzo of The Muppets taking a ride on Journey into Imagination with Figment at EPCOT.