Award-winning actress, singer and two-time RuPaul’s Drag Race winner, Jinkx Monsoon will appear in a major role in the new season of Doctor Who.
- Jinkx has cultivated an international fanbase after winning two seasons of RuPaul’s Drag Race including an All Stars season where she was crowned “Queen of Queens,” competing against other winners of the show.
- Jinkx joins Doctor Who after completing her sell out run on Broadway, where she made her highly-anticipated debut as Matron ‘Mama’ Morton in Broadway’s longest-running show, Chicago. Her run on Broadway was a historic moment for the LGBTQIA+ community, as she became the first drag queen to play the role of Mama Morton, breaking box office records in her extended 8-week run.
- No details have been revealed regarding Jinkx’s role in the new season of Doctor Who.
What They’re Saying:
- Russell T Davies, Showrunner said: “In a galaxy of comets and supernovas, here comes the biggest star of all. Jinkx Monsoon is on a collision course with the TARDIS, and Doctor Who will never be the same again!”
- Jinkx Monsoon said: “I’m honored, thrilled, and utterly excited to join Doctor Who! Russell T Davies is a visionary and a brilliant writer— I can’t wait to get into the weeds with him and the crew! I hope there’s room in the TARDIS for my luggage.”
About Doctor Who:
- The BBC and Disney Branded Television have joined forces to make Disney+ the new global home, outside of the UK and Ireland, of future seasons of Doctor Who.
- David Tennant is back as the Fourteenth Doctor in a series of three specials set to air in November 2023 for the show’s 60th anniversary.
- Following that, Ncuti Gatwa will take over the TARDIS as the Fifthteenth Doctor, alongside new companion Ruby Tuesday, played by Millie Gibson.
- Other confirmed cast members for the new season include:
- Get acquainted with Doctor Who with Luke’s series of articles introducing you to each Doctor and their best stories.