A Walt Disney World guest has passed away after collapsing during a runDisney 5K this morning.
- As The Orlando Sentinel reports, the guest was taking part in the Disney Fall Feast 5K this morning when they collapsed.
- At this time, the identity of the runner has not been released and Disney was unable to confirm the circumstances of the death to the Sentinel.
- Disney spokesperson Andrea Finger did offer a statement, saying, “We are deeply saddened by this heartbreaking loss, and our thoughts and sympathies remain with the runner’s family and loved ones throughout this difficult time.”
- Finger also confirmed to the paper that the company has protocols in place for when such incidents occur, although she declined to disclose details.
- Today’s race was the start of the annual runDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend.
- Sadly, another runner collapsed and died during that half marathon two years ago.