ABC News’ Inside Frozen 2 podcast with Ginger Zee has debuted its second episode. In this installment, Zee interviews the Chief Creative Officer of Walt Disney Animation Studios Jennifer Lee — who also happens to be the writer and co-director of Frozen 2. Here are some things we learned during the episode.
SPOILER ALERT: This article and the podcast should be enjoyed after viewing the film
- Jennifer Lee and her team have been working on Frozen 2 for four-and-a-half years
- Lee and her co-director Chris Buck decided to make Frozen 2 when they made the “Frozen Fever” short
- They knew the ending early in the process with Anna becoming Queen with Elsa having a higher calling
- According to Jennifer Lee, the bridge between Anna and Elsa make them both the fifth spirit.
- “Do the Next Right Thing” was the song that caused them to change their script the most.
- The song “Into the Unknown” pushed them into the theme of change in a bigger way.
- In the first film, they wanted to avoid having a Bambi moment with the parents to not distract from the main story of two girls that find themselves alone.
- While they want the two films to feel like a unified story, they had no idea about the story of Frozen 2 when they made the first film.
- The Olaf storytelling scene was added in August as a way to get everyone caught up on the story in a fast way.
- There is a hidden Mickey in the first Frozen that no one has ever found.
Look for more episodes of Inside Frozen 2 each Friday through the end of 2019.
FanBoy is a Disney dweeb who has worked at Disneyland and Walt Disney World