- FX’s continuation of the work started by Ridley Scott in 1979 and James Cameron in 1986 was first announced last December.
- John Landgraf explained today at the TCA 2021 Summer Press Tour that the team led by Noah Hawley (Fargo) is hard at work on building the world of the show, which is set on Earth.
- Landgraf added that the series is very expensive to produce and when asked about a timeline, he said ““I have optimism it will roll out in 2023.”
- The show will debut on Hulu as part of FX on Hulu.
- FX is moving quickly to bring audiences the first television series based on one of the greatest science fiction horror classics ever made: Alien. Alien will be helmed by Fargo and Legion’s Noah Hawley stepping into the creator/executive producer chair, and FX is in advanced negotiations with Academy Award winner, Sir Ridley Scott to join the project as an Executive Producer. Set not too far into our future, it’s the first Alien story set on Earth—and by blending both the timeless horror of the first Alien film with the non-stop action of the second, it’s going to be a scary thrill ride that will blow people back in their seats.