Earlier today, a young girl got the sendoff of a lifetime for her vacation to Walt Disney World. Local CBS affiliate, WBZ-TV Boston reported that 4-year-old, Cayleigh Gilroy, was given a magical “I’m going to Disney World” party at the Logan International Airport before her flight left this morning. Thanks to the generosity of the local Make-A-Wish foundation, the Gilroy family will spend a dazzling week at the “happiest place on Earth.” Cayleigh was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia when she was just 16 months old. Now, her treatment is complete and she’s feeling much better, so naturally the best way to celebrate is to take a vacation.
- Cayleigh’s day began with a limousine ride to the airport.
- She was given a special sendoff reception at the airport that featured all sorts of goodies and treats. There was even a throne just for her!
- As the Gilroys arrived at their flight gate, they were greeted by a beautiful pink and purple castle.
- This incredible party was created especially for Cayleigh by Make-A-Wish of Massachusetts and Rhode Island and American Airlines Something mAAgic Foundation.
What they’re saying:
- Cayleigh’s father, Patrick Gilroy on the morning’s festivities: “Definitely a good way to kick off a fun week, going to Disney World.”
- Cayleigh’s mother on her improved health: “She came out on top and is doing wonderful, so we couldn’t be more happy!”
- Jordan Salvatoriello of Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island: “Cayleigh and her family have dealt with a critical illness which can create a lot of fear and anxiety, and we hope wishes will really eliminate a lot of that, and bring back some of that normalcy and return of childhood.”
What did you think of this story? Have you ever been part of someone’s Make-A-Wish, wish? Let us know!