ABC has announced that they will be adding a third hour of Good Morning America. The new third hour of the program will not air in the morning but at 1 p.m. EDT, noon CDT/PDT. As a result The Chew will cease production at the end of this season but will continue to air as planned until September with all-new episodes airing in June.
What They Are Saying:
- Ben Sherwood, Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks, and President Disney – ABC Televion: “Over the past six years ‘Good Morning America’ has solidified its place as America’s No. 1 morning show We believe there is great opportunity for viewers and advertisers in expanding to a third hour. While this is the right decision for our business, it is also bittersweet. For seven years ‘The Chew’ has delighted audiences by delivering innovative food segments in an entertaining atmosphere. We applaud and thank Gordon Elliott, Aimee Householder, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and the entire cast and crew for their great work and amazing run. And we wish them the very best.”
- Godron Elliott, Executive Producer and Creator, The Chew: “Before ‘The Chew,’ no one had attempted a talk/food hybrid. Our hosts Clinton, Carla and Michael and the staff created television history executing the show as well as they did for all these years. I know I speak for all of the people who work on the show when I say it was the best television we have ever had the privilege to produce.”
- James Goldston, President of ABC News: “’Good Morning America’ keeps finding new ways to inform and delight our audience. We recently expanded ‘GMA’ through our social channels and a newly launched website. Now we will build a whole new hour of compelling content that is true to ‘GMA’’s spirit,”
Additional Information About GMA’s 3rd Hour:
- The title and anchor team of the 3rd hour will be announced in the future
- It will feature news, pop culture, interviews and live events