Walt Disney World is extending their current dog-friendly pilot program at several of their resorts. Guest wishing to bring their furry friends along for a visit to the Resort will be able to do so for an additional fee.
- Last October, Disney introduced a pilot program allowing guests to bring their dogs with them to select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Disney has announced that at this time, they are extending the program at the current hotels.
- Guests wishing to bring their canine companions with them may do so at the following Resort hotels:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- These hotels have designated dog-friendly rooms that can accommodate guests traveling with up to two dogs per room.
- Guests traveling with their dogs must register them with the front desk at the resort and adhere to the pet policies they receive upon registration including:
- Proper care and behavior of their pets
- Dogs will need to remain on a leash at all times while in public spaces
- Guests must also be able to provide documentation that their dog’s vaccinations and inoculations are up to date, upon request.
- Many areas at the hotels will remain canine-free, however, certain floors or sections of each of these resorts have been designated as dog-friendly.
- Guests who prefer a room in canine-free areas may make a request at the hotel’s front desk.
- The campsites and cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will continue to remain pet-friendly.
- Walt Disney World also continues to offer 22 resort hotel options that do not have similar dog-friendly policies.