Giancarlo Esposito has reportedly joined Stargirl, which is currently set to debut on Disney’s upcoming streaming service.
- According to Deadline, Esposito has been cast in a supporting role for the film.
- The actor is perhaps best known for his role as Gus Fring on the hit AMC series Breaking Bad as well as Better Call Saul.
- He joins the growing cast, which also includes Grace VanderWaal, Karan Brar, Darby Stanchfield, and Maximiliano Hernandez.
- Stargirl is being adapted from the Jerry Spinelli novel and is expected to be part of Disney’s streaming service launching in 2019.
- The story “follows Leo Borlock who, in a world where the spaces grow bigger even as they get smaller, meets Stargirl Caraway, a bright, authentic light who breaks through the sea of teenage confusion.”
- Esposito will play a paleontologist friend of Stargirl and Leo named Archie.
- Julia Hart is helming the film and Kristin Hahn has penned the script.
- Production on Disney’s Stargirl will kick-off in New Mexico later this month.