The Walt Disney Company continued their philanthropic efforts today, announcing a $1 million donation to company’s local Boys & Girls Club
- Disney’s is making a $1 million donation to the Boys & Girls Club of Burbank and Greater East Valley.
- The donation will provide the funds needed to build a new Main Club facility and give 400 Boys & Girls Club members a safe place to go after school.
- Club supporters, City of Burbank stakeholders, Burbank Unified School District personnel, political representatives and special guests joined Boys & Girls Club CEO Shanna Warren and The Walt Disney Company Senior Vice President, Enterprise Social Responsibility Elissa Margolis for today’s announcement during an event held on the site where the Club will be built.
- The brand-new facility, which is expected to be completed by fall of 2020, will be a two-story, 16,000-square-foot space with two multi-purpose rooms, a games room, creative arts space, STEM lab, teen club, two learning centers, teaching kitchen, conference room and garden/roof patio.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Burbank and Greater East Valley’s mission is to help every child reach their full potential, focusing on academic success, healthy lifestyles, character and leadership through a variety of programs—including the only Deaf and Hard of Hearing program in the area.
- The Club will share the new facility with Burbank Unified School District, and the project has been a joint effort between the two organizations.
What they’re saying
- Elissa Margolis, senior vice president, Enterprise Social Responsibility for The Walt Disney Company: “The Walt Disney Company is pleased to make this contribution and fund the construction of a new main club facility. The impact of this new club will more than double the number of members served by The Boys & Girls Club and provides a safe place that meets the diverse needs of our local youth.”
- Shanna Warren, Boys & Girls Club CEO: “For the last 10 years, we have been on a journey to acquire a new main club facility that meets our ever expanding needs. Because of The Walt Disney Company’s confidence in the Club and financial support, we have just taken a major step forward in making our dream come true.”