Today, Disney announced plans to build an all-new nature-inspired mixed resort on Bay Lake in Walt Disney World. The hotel and proposed Disney Vacation Club property will join three other previously announced upcoming resort projects that will cumulatively add more than 1,700 new hotel rooms and villas to Disney’s world-famous destination in Central Florida over the next four years.
- The new resort is scheduled to open in 2022 on the shoreline of Bay Lake.
- It will be located between Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
- It will include more than 900 hotel rooms and Disney Vacation Club villas.
- The resort is themed to match its surroundings and to reflect Walt Disney’s love and respect for nature.
- It has not yet been named, but once opened it will become the 16th Disney Vacation Club property.
What they’re saying:
- George A. Kalogridis, president of Walt Disney World Resort: “Walt Disney World is in the midst of our most significant expansion in the last two decades and the combined 1,700 new hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas we are building at four different resorts will create thousands of new construction and permanent jobs and will drive economic opportunity and incremental revenue for Central Florida. We continue to add new attractions, new lands — and these beautiful accommodations will be right in the heart of all that magic.”
- Terri Schultz, senior vice president and general manager of Disney Vacation Club: “This resort experience will be a celebration of Walt Disney’s lifelong love and respect for nature, with some fun and even surprising accommodation types that families will find irresistible. It will give our members and guests yet another opportunity to stay in close proximity to all the newest attractions and experiences in our theme parks, and with the flexibility, value and world-class service families expect from Disney.”