Theme park fans who have visited Universal Orlando, Dollywood, or other destinations that feature flume or rapids rides are surely familiar with the full body dryers that are stationed near some of the wetter rides in the parks. Now it looks like Disney is getting into the game, adding pay-per-dry warmers near Grizzly River Run at Disney California Adventure. Of course, this being Disney, these dryers are themed, adding Humphrey the Bear to the new “Wilderness Warming Huts.”
- Guests riding Grizzly River Run (or just visiting Disney California Adventure) can now pay to spend a few minutes drying off in one of these Humphrey the Bear-themed warmers.
- Each 3.5-minute drying cycle costs $5, paid exclusively using a credit card.
- Rules state that no more than five people may enter a Warming Hut at one time and proper attire must be worn.
- Incidentally, after we ran this story, it came to our attention that artist Eligecos tweeted that the depiction of Humphrey used on the dryer bears a strong resemblance to fan art they had created last year.
Just for fun
- Speaking of dryers, yesterday Whirlpool announced a partnership with Disney to become the Official Kitchen and Laundry Appliance of Disney Resorts. As part of the deal, select Disney Vacation Club Villas will now feature Whirlpool appliances such as dishwashers, clothes washers, and, yes, dryers.