ESPN is launching Daily Wager, a new sports betting new and information show, to better serve the millions of sports fans who participate in sports wagering and to educate casual sports fans with more in-depth analysis.
- Daily Wager will premiere on Monday, March 11.
- The new show will be a one-hour program that will air Monday through Friday at 6 PM ET on ESPNEWS and the ESPN app.
- ESPN sports betting analyst Doug Kezirian will host the new show and he will be joined by sports betting experts as well as ESPN analysts and reporters from various sports for discussion on analytics and point spreads as well as how the day’s sports news affects betting.
- Some of the contributors to the show will include:
- “Stanford” Steve Coughlin
- Chris “The Bear” Fallica
- David Purdum
- Anita Marks
- Preston Johnson
- Joe Fortenbaugh
- ESPN offers more sports betting-related content across their platforms, including:
- Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian podcast.
- Stanford Steve and The Bear podcast (football season).
- “Bad Beats” on SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt.
- Sports betting content on ESPN.com.
What they’re saying:
- Norby Williamson, ESPN Executive Vice President and Executive Editor, Studio Production: “ESPN’s mission is to serve sports fans. The sports betting environment has changed and interest is increasing at unprecedented levels. ESPN is going to have a strong and vibrant presence across our platforms, and the launch of Daily Wager is the next step in what has already been underway for some time.”
ICYMI – More ESPN news:
- ESPN commentator Jason Witten has decided he doesn’t want to permanently hang up his helmet just yet. The former Dallas Cowboys tight end is stepping out of the booth and returning to the football field.
- ESPN, ESPN+ and the Professional Fighters League (PFL) have signed a multi-year agreement making the sports networks the official United States home of the PFL.
- Major League Soccer and ESPN+ have released a 10-part documentary series called We Are LAFC.