According to Deadline, ABC has ordered a pilot for a potential new series called The Brides, a modern-day reimagining of Dracula from Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, producer of Riverdale and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
- ABC has ordered a pilot for The Brides.
- The premise is described as “A sexy contemporary reimagining of Dracula,” a series about three powerful female vampires and their nontraditional family inspired by the Brides of Dracula.
- The show was previously in development at NBC and this is a new take on the project.
- The series is created by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, who has had recent success on The CW with Riverdale and on Netflix with The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, both inspired by characters from Archie Comics.
- Maggie Kiley (American Horror Story, Riverdale) is set to direct the pilot.
- The pilot is being produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television and ABC Studios.
More ABC Stories:
- ABC’s “The Baker and the Beauty” to Premiere on April 6
- ABC Orders Pilot for “thirtysomething” Sequel
- ABC News to Air 2-Hour Special and 8-Part Podcast on Jeffrey Epstein and the Women Who Survived His Crimes
- ABC Puts Romantic Anthology Series “Epic” From “Once Upon a Time” Creators Into Development
- ABC Gives Script Commitment to Family Comedy “Bridges”