Disney has found their leading man for their upcoming Three Men and a Baby remake. Former High School Musical star Zac Efron has been tapped to star in the comedy heading to Disney+, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Efron, who also starred in 20th Century Fox’s The Greatest Showman, has reportedly signed on for the new remake of the 1987 comedy.
- Gordon Gray, who is best known for the Ben Affleck-led the Way Back, has also signed on to produce the film.
- Will Reichel wrote the script for the upcoming remake but Disney is still looking for a director.
- Three Men and a Baby starred Tom Selleck, Steve Guttenberg and Ted Danson and was directed by Leonard Nimoy.
- The film followed three New York bachelors who found themselves caring, and subsequently, falling for an infant.
- The movie was a box office hit, becoming Disney’s first live-action film to surpass $100 million domestically.
- For more information on the original film, take a look at Bill’s deep dive into Three Men and a Baby, which can currently be watched on Disney+.
ICYMI – More Disney+ news:
- Watch closely, and you’ll notice that the official trailer for Disney+’s original movie, Magic Camp has materialized on YouTube. This morning Disney gave audiences the first look at the long awaited film that’s coming to the streamer on August 14th.
- Keke Palmer has joined the voice cast for upcoming series The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder. The animated show is a continuation of Disney Channel’s The Proud Family and is coming soon to Disney+.
- “Get ready for a mission that’s out of this world!” Disney+ has shared the official trailer for Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against The Universe.
- Disney is launching a new international general entertainment streaming service in markets with Disney+ in 2021 under the Star brand.
- Need something to watch? Check out our Disney+ watch guide for the week of August 7-13.