Hawkeye is ready to take aim. Marvel star Jeremy Renner tweeted an image today from the set of the upcoming Marvel and Disney+ series based on the bow and arrow-wielding Avenger. To make things more exciting, the tweet also calls for Kate Bishop!
- Renner’s tweet shares the message “Ms. Bishop… we need you!” along with the image of his seat from the set of the coming series.
- Renner is set to reprise his role as Clint Barton AKA, the non-superpowered superhero who has fought alongside the Avengers over the course of four movies.
- He will be joined by Kate Bishop, another young archer and the second Hawkeye in the comics.
- Bishop could be played by Hailee Steinfeld, who was reportedly offered the role back in September.
- Marvel also tapped writer Jonathan Igla, known for his work on AMC’s Mad Men, to pen the series.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- The fourth episode of Disney+ Deets is here and this time, Ken and Marcellus are sharing fun facts from Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Thanks to True Believers everywhere, the Marvel Made Paragon Collection: Chris Claremont Premier Bundle has reached its goal to begin production and now includes an original Wolverine story.
- The Valkyries, some of the finest warriors in the Marvel Universe, will rise again this January in KING IN BLACK: RETURN OF THE VALKYRIES.
- Marvel Studios has updated Black Panther on Disney+ to include a tribute to the actor in the studio logo.