It looks like we might know who the next Hawkeye will be. Marvel has reportedly offered Hailee Steinfeld the lead role of the new superhero series headed to Disney+, according to Variety.
- Steinfeld would reportedly be playing Kate Bishop, the second Hawkeye in Marvel Comics after Clint Barton gives up his bow.
- Steinfeld is known for her roles in Bumblebee and Pitch Perfect 2 and has even already dipped her toe in the Marvel water as the voice of Gwen Stacy in Sony’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
- Jeremy Renner is set to reprise his role as Barton AKA, the non-superpowered superhero who teaches Bishop how to be a hero with no super powers.
- The series has a tentative debut of fall 2021 as part of Marvel’s Phase Four, which also includes the debut of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision, and Loki, all of which are scheduled to premiere on Disney+
- Marvel also recently tapped writer Jonathan Igla, known for his work on AMC’s Mad Men, to pen the series.
- Earlier this summer at D23 Expo 2019, Marvel chief Kevin Feige announced that shows featuring She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight were also being developed for Disney+
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- The “Move Like the Avengers” workout from Les Mills features instructions to help kids move like Thor and Black Widow.
- Garmin International, Inc. recently announced the Legacy Hero Series, a collection of two special edition GPS smartwatches inspired by Captain Marvel and Captain America: The First Avenger.
- Marvel has announced a new smartphone-powered augmented reality experience, “Marvel Dimension of Heroes,” that will allow players to wield the legendary weapons and powers of Doctor Strange, Captain America, Thor, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Star-Lord against a host of super villains.
- Marvel has announced a multi-year deal with Scholastic that will introduce original Marvel stories to young readers around the world.