Marvel has announced a new smartphone-powered augmented reality experience, “Marvel Dimension of Heroes,” that will allow players to wield the legendary weapons and powers of Doctor Strange, Captain America, Thor, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Star-Lord against a host of super villains.
- The new experience, for the new Lenovo Mirage AR device, will offer three different modes:
- Story Mode – Players can step into a brand new Marvel story in which Dormammu, Lord of the Dark Dimension, launches a surprise attack on Earth with his alliance of Super Villains, including Loki, Ronan the Accuser, Ultron Prime and the Winter Soldier. With the Earth in ruins, Doctor Strange manages to turn back time to secure a second chance to save the planet. Players assume the role of all of the six playable Super Heroes to battle the interdimensional forces that threaten the world.
- Survival Mode – Players use their heroic powers, playing as any of the six heroes, to fend off waves of powerful enemies. Players compete to achieve the highest score and rise up the global online leaderboards.
- Co-Op Mode – Players can partner up with a friend and each play as a Marvel hero battling the forces of evil side-by-side in the same room, while competing against each other for high scores.
- Each player must be equipped with the Lenovo Mirage AR headset, two Universal Controllers, Tracking Beacon, and be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Players can use both controllers to punch, slice and blast their way through these battles, while ducking and dodging enemy attacks, with Lenovo Mirage AR’s freedom of movement.
- The free MARVEL Dimension of Heroes app will be available in the App Store and Google Play Store for download on compatible smartphone devices.
- The Lenovo Mirage AR device will be available for $249.99 in the US starting September 6, 2019 on Amazon.com and Lenovo.com.