Hulu has set August premiere dates for two upcoming original series – Only Murders in the Building and Nine Perfect Strangers.
Only Murders in the Building
- From the minds of Steve Martin, Dan Fogelman and John Hoffman comes a comedic murder-mystery series for the ages. Only Murders in the Building follows three strangers (Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez) who share an obsession with true crime and suddenly find themselves wrapped up in one. When a grisly death occurs inside their exclusive Upper West Side apartment building, the trio suspects murder and employs their precise knowledge of true crime to investigate the truth. As they record a podcast of their own to document the case, the three unravel the complex secrets of the building which stretch back years. Perhaps even more explosive are the lies they tell one another. Soon, the endangered trio comes to realize a killer might be living amongst them as they race to decipher the mounting clues before it’s too late.
- Steve Martin
- Martin Short
- Selena Gomez
- Aaron Dominguez
- Amy Ryan
- Co-creators and writers are Steve Martin and John Hoffman (Grace & Frankie, Looking).
- Martin and Hoffman will executive produce along with Martin Short, Selena Gomez, Jamie Babbitt, This Is Us creator Dan Fogelman and Jess Rosenthal.
Only Murders in the Building will premiere August 31 on Hulu. Check out the date announcement below:
Nine Perfect Strangers
- Based on The New York Times bestselling book by author Liane Moriarty, Nine Perfect Strangers takes place at a boutique health-and-wellness resort that promises healing and transformation as nine stressed city dwellers try to get on a path to a better way of living. Watching over them during this 10-day retreat is the resort's director, Masha, a woman on a mission to reinvigorate their tired minds and bodies. However, these nine “perfect” strangers have no idea what is about to hit them.
- Nicole Kidman
- Melissa McCarthy
- Michael Shannon
- Luke Evans
- Bobby Cannavale
- Regina Hall
- Samara Weaving
- Melvin Gregg
- Asher Keddie
- Grace Van Patten
- Tiffany Boone
- Manny Jacinto
- Co-creators are David E. Kelley, Bruna Papandrea’s Made Up Stories, Nicole Kidman’s Blossom Films, and Endeavor Content.
- Jonathan Levine directs all eight episodes of the series and serves as executive producer alongside Papandrea, Steve Hutensky and Jodi Matterson for Made Up Stories, Nicole Kidman and Per Saari for Blossom Films, Liane Moriarty, David E. Kelley, John Henry Butterworth, Molly Allen, Samantha Strauss and Melissa McCarthy.
- The series is co-written by David E. Kelley, John Henry Butterworth and Samantha Strauss, and co-showrun by David E. Kelley and John Henry Butterworth.
Nine Perfect Strangers will premiere August 18 on Hulu. Check out the date announcement below: