Disneyland Paris has released a new video on YouTube offering a private tour of Fantasyland with a focus on the European inspirations found throughout the land.
- Take a 5-minute guided tour of Fantasyland at Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Paris Resort with a new video called “Private Tour: Fantasyland – A Tribue to Europe.”
- Narrated in French, English-speaking Guests can use the subtitle function to enjoy the experience in English.
- The courtyard of Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant (Sleeping Beauty Castle) is inspired by medieval France, with Le Carrousel de Lancelot (Sir Lancelot’s Carousel) as a centerpiece.
- The restaurant Auberge de Cendrillon (Cinderella’s Inn) continues to classic French inspiration with Cinderella’s chateaux inspired by Loire Valley mansions. The interior features tapestries created by the royal factory in Aubusson.
- The northern part of Fantasyland celebrates Great Brittain through Alice’s Curious Labyrinth, Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups and Toad Hall Restaurant.
- While Peter Pan is set in London, the facade of Peter Pan’s Flight is actually inspired by J.M. Barrie’s birthplace in Scottland, with an iron gate in the queue honoring the name of his birthplace: Kirriemuir.
- Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) honors gothic Germany, which inspired the classic Brothers Grimm story, and the horticulture surrounding the attraction features Black Forest fir trees.
- While Les Voyages de Pinocchio (The Voyages of Pinocchio) is an Italian tale, Disney’s animated classic drew inspiration from Austria and it sits next to Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains.
- Italian inspiration can be found at two restaurants, Pizzeria Bella Notte (inspired by Lady and the Tramp) and Fantasia Gelati (inspired by Fantasia). The interiors of both locations are inspired by Venice and Tuscany, with the exterior of Pizzeria Bella Notte leaning like the Tower of Pisa.
- Finishing off in The Netherlands, The Old Mill is a quick-service snack bar along the banks of the Le Pays des Contes de Fées (Storybook Land).
- No visit to Fantasyland should be complete without a voyage around the globe on it’s a small world, which celebrates all cultures in addition to the European locales that influenced this charming land.
Watch the Films That Inspired Disneyland Paris’ Fantasyland on Disney+: