- National Geographic’s Emmy-nominated documentary series Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller continues with a 10-episode second season kicking off on December 1st.
- At TCA’s Summer Press Tour, National Geographic Content president Courteney Monroe revealed that the show has already been picked up for a third season.
- Episodes of the second season will explore new topics including black market plastic surgery, romance scams, white supremacy, stolen cars, outlaw motorcycle gangs, California’s marijuana black market, and a meth superhighway.
- Mariana van Zeller takes viewers inside each black market and global trafficking network to meet the players and learn the business of each shadow economy.
- Filming on the third season will begin this fall.
- Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller is produced by Muck Media for National Geographic.
- Executive producers are Mariana van Zeller, Darren Foster, Jeff Plunkett and Bengt Anderson.
- Matt Renner is vice president of Production and Alan Eyres is senior vice president of Production and Development.
- Season two of Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller begins Wednesday, December 1st at 9 p.m. ET on National Geographic.
- New episodes will also be streaming the next day on Hulu
What They’re Saying:
- Mariana van Zeller: “Filming a whole season of Trafficked during a global pandemic was extremely challenging, but there’s been an explosion of black markets over the past year, and I think we all quickly realized that this series has become more relevant than ever. With this second season, we’ve managed to dive even deeper and gain even more access into underworld networks around the world.”