ABC has ordered 10-episodes of a new courtroom comedy series from Steve Harvey, working title Judge Steve Harvey.
- Comedian, host and actor Steve Harvey is heading back to scripted television on ABC.
- The Celebrity Family Feud host will star and executive produce in a courtroom comedy currently under the working title of Judge Steve Harvey.
- Ten 60-minute episodes have been ordered that will cover topics from small claims to big disputes.
- The judge’s decisions will be based on his own life experiences in addition to common sense.
- Judge Steve Harvey is set to premiere in 2022.
- Joining Steve Harvey as executive producers are Brandon Williams, Jesse Ignjatovic, Evan Prager, Jared Morrell and Barb Bialkowski.
- Myeshia Mizuno will serve as showrunner.
- Casting is currently underway through Mystic Arts.
- Judge Steve Harvey is a co-production between Den of Thieves and Walt Disney Television’s newly formed alternative unit.
- The news was shared ahead of ABC’s TCA Summer Press Tour presentations.