Trace Adkins has joined the cast of the upcoming country music-themed family drama Monarch, premiering in January on FOX.
- FOX Entertainment’s country music-themed family drama Monarch has added Trace Adkins to the cast.
- Adkins will play Albie Roman, the patriarch of a family that includes Susan Sarandon and Anna Friel.
- Music will play a big role in Monarch, including a mix of original songs and covers produced by Adam Anders.
- The series was created by Melissa London Hilfers, who also serves as writer and executive producer.
- Michael Rauch (Instinct, Royal Pains) joins Hilfers as executive producer and showrunner.
- Jason Ensler (The Passage) will direct and serve as an executive producer on the series premiere.
- Monarch premieres with a special two-night event on FOX that begins Sunday, January 30th following the NFC Championship and continues on Tuesday, February 1st.
- Trace Adkins is currently celebrating the 25th anniversary of his music career with a new album titled The Way I Wanna Go that features collaborations with Blake Shelton, Melissa Etheridge, Snoop Dogg, and Stevie Wonder.
In Monarch, “Texas Truthteller” and reigning King of Country Music Albie Roman (Adkins), along with his insanely talented, but tough-as-nails wife, Queen of Country Music Dottie Cantrell Roman (Sarandon), have created a country music dynasty. But even though the Roman name is synonymous with authenticity, the very foundation of their success is a lie. And when their reign as country royalty is put in jeopardy, heir to the crown Nicolette “Nicky” Roman (Friel) will stop at nothing to protect her family's legacy, while ensuring her own quest for stardom.
Alex joined the Laughing Place team in 2014 and has been a lifelong Disney fan. His main beats for LP are Disney-branded movies, TV shows, books, music and toys. He recently became a member of the Television Critics Association (TCA).