Jason Bateman is reportedly in early talks to direct and star in Fox’s remake of the board game-based movie Clue, according to Deadline.
- Bateman would join Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds, who, through his Maximum Effort productions, is set to produce the new film.
- Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who wrote the first Deadpool film, are tapped to write Clue as well.
- Bateman is currently in early talks to direct the new film, fresh off of his Emmy Award win for Best Directing in a Drama Series for Netflix’s Ozark.
- Both Bateman and Reynold would also star in the film, which would be a remake of the 1985 film that starred Tim Curry, which was based off of the popular board game from Hasbro.
- Allspark Pictures, the film division of Hasbro, will also be producing the film.
ICYMI – More Fox news:
- Fox Searchlight has released a full trailer for Taika Waititi’s World War II satire film Jojo Rabbit just over a month ahead of the film’s release.
- Fox Searchlight has named Eva Longoria the director of their film Flamin’ Hot, a biopic about Richard Montanez who created the very popular Flamin’ Hot Cheetos snack.
- Fox Searchlight has released a trailer for their upcoming film Lucy in the Sky, starring Natalie Protman.
- Fox Searchlight has acquired the North American rights to The Personal History of David Copperfield, a film set to be featured at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 5, and the BFI London Film Festival on October 2.