Fox Searchlight has released a trailer for their upcoming film Lucy in the Sky, starring Natalie Protman.
- Lucy in the Sky is directed by Noah Hawley, creator of FX’s hit X-Men spinoff series Legion.
- The film tells the story of an astronaut (played by Portman) who returns to Earth to learn that her boyfriend (played by Jon Hamm) is having an affair with an astronaut trainee.
- The film will also star Dan Stevens, Ellen Burstyn and Zazie Beetz.
- Disney is reportedly keeping the same release date for Fox’s The Woman in the Window, which is currently in reshoots, though the studio will still assess whether or not that release needs to be moved.
- The script for Lucy in the Sky comes from Hawley, Brian C. Brown and Elliott DiGuiseppi and is inspired by real-life NASA Captain Lisa Nowak.
- The film is produced by Reese Witherspoon, who was once set to play Portman’s role.
- Witherspoon is joined by Bruna Papandrea, Hawley and John Cameron as producers.
- Earlier this month, Lucy in the Sky was set for an October 4 limited release date.
ICYMI – More Fox news:
- Fox Searchlight has acquired the North American rights to The Personal History of David Copperfield, a film set to be featured at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 5, and the BFI London Film Festival on October 2.
- The Walt Disney Company announced the closure of the Fox Research Library, the contents of which will be folded into the Walt Disney Archives.
- A lawsuit brought against 21st Century Fox and The Walt Disney Company regarding a Malaysian theme park has reached a settlement. The park will continue to use licensed Fox intellectual properties (IPs), but will no longer be called “Fox World.”
- Fox Stage Productions has officially been absorbed by Disney Theatrical Productions. Isaac Robert Hurwitz, the former Senior Vice President of Fox Stage confirmed that the musical adaptations of Mrs. Doubtfire and The Devil Wears Prada are moving forward under Disney.