Former Searchlight Pictures employee Derval Whelan is returning after a two year absence.
- Deadline reports that Whelan, who left Searchlight Pictures in 2021 after 14 years, is returning to the production company.
- She’ll be taking over as the Head of Distribution, replacing Frank Rodriguez.
- Based in New York, she’ll be working on release patterns for the company’s entire slate.
- Whelan formerly worked on Searchlight titles such as Black Swan, The Shape of Water, and 12 Years a Slave.
- Searchlight’s upcoming releases include Poor Things and All of Us Strangers.
What They’re Saying:
- “We’ve known Derval for a long time, she was part of some of our most incredible successes over the years. Her expertise and acumen in the distribution space are unrivaled, and we couldn’t be happier to have her back at Searchlight.” – Presidents of Searchlight Pictures David Greenbaum & Matthew Greenfield
More Searchlight News:
- Preview of the Soundtrack to Searchlight Pictures' "Poor Things"
- SAG-AFTRA Approves Deal to End Strike
- Discover the Haunting Story of Searchlight Pictures "All of Us Strangers" in New Featurette
- Matt Kalavsky Promoted to Senior Vice President and General Sales Manager, Domestic Theatrical Distribution, Disney Entertainment
- Extended Look Trailer for Searchlight Pictures’ “Poor Things” in Theaters December 8th
- New Trailer Released for Searchlight Pictures’ “The Last Repair Shop” (10/18/2023)
- Searchlight Pictures Releases Official Trailer for "All of Us Strangers"
- Digital Review: Future Cult-Classic "Theater Camp" Includes Half-Hour of Hilarious Bonus Features