Welcome to Travel Tuesday — your guide to what’s happening around the Disney Parks and beyond! If you’re planning a Disney vacation or are about to embark on one, we’ll let you know what changes, additions, and experiences you can expect.
In our first edition, we’ll look at the big ticket news affecting both domestic parks plus a new attraction opening in Disney California Adventure, the annual Flower and Garden Festival returning to Epcot, and lots more. Let’s jump into this week’s update:
Disney Parks Overall
The big news of last week was Disney’s change to seasonal pricing for one-day tickets while raising the prices of many multi-day tickets. You can read a full report here, but there is a silver lining. With the price being lowered for one-day tickets on low travel days, the down payment required for guests purchasing annual passes with monthly payments has decreased as they use the lowest cost ticket for this purpose. Of course, it means that the monthly price increases, but that increase is spread out over 11 months.
This move was not unexpected as Universal Studios Hollywood has already adopted this model, and many other industries from Major League Baseball to Uber price in a similar fashion.
Once again, the Easter Egg hunt is returning to the Disneyland Resort and Epcot. From March 2–27, 2016 (or while supplies last), guests can search for special hidden “eggs” themed to Disney characters and record their discoveries by placing the corresponding sticker on the specially themed Egg-stravaganza map. The cost is $5.95 (no discounts), plus tax at the following parks and locations.
- Disney California Adventure park – Elias & Co., Humphrey’s Service & Supplies, Off the Page,Oswald’s, Sarge’s Surplus Hut and Treasures in Paradise
- Disneyland park – Disneyana, Disney Showcase, “it’s a small world” Toy Shop, Little Green Men Store Command, Pieces of Eight, Pioneer Mercantile and Stromboli’s.
- Downtown Disney District – Anna & Elsa’s Boutique, D Street, Disney Pin Traders, WonderGround Gallery and World of Disney Store
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort – Acorns Gifts & Goods, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; Mickey in Paradise, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel; and Fantasia Shop, Disneyland Hotel
Walt Disney World Resort
- Epcot – Pin Central, Port of Entry (Showcase Plaza), Heritage Manor (The American Adventure) and World Traveler (International Gateway)