What we know:
- Ant-Man and the Wasp will reteam Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly as the titular heroes. Michael Douglas will also return as Hank Pym.
- The film will feature Scott, Hope, and Hank on a quest to rescue Hope’s mother (and Hank’s wife) Janet van Dyne from the Quantum Realm.
- Janet van Dyne will be portrayed by Michelle Pfeiffer.
- The villain of the film will be Ghost played by Hannah John-Kamen (Ready Player One).
- Other new characters include Sonny Burch played by Walton Goggins and Bill Foster played by Laurence Fishburne.
What they’re saying:
- Evangeline Lilly on being the first female MCU hero with her name in the title: “It means a lot to me. If I’m honest with myself, I feel a lot of pressure to make sure that it is everything that the world wants it to be.”
- Lilly on the film’s plot and her character’s motivation: “Scott entered the Quantum Realm in the first film and came back, which is something they thought was impossible. The question has arisen, ‘Can Janet come back?’ So the entire film, my character is hell-bent on finding a way to get into the Quantum Realm and bring her back.”
- Director Peyton Reed on adding Michele Pfeiffer to the cast: “She hasn’t done one of these films since she played Catwoman with Tim Burton. It was really interesting to bring her in and get her up to speed on all the mythology and her place in this world.”
- Reed on making the character Ghost female in this adaptation: “The Ghost character could be male, female, anything, so it just seemed more interesting to us [to cast a woman]. Ghost’s primary power is the ability to ‘phase,’ which allows Ghost to move through solid matter. She has all sorts of strange versions of that phasing power — it proves quite difficult for Ant-Man and Wasp to deal with.”
- Paul Rudd on working with Laurence Fishburne: “He was a blast. He told me what it was like shooting Apocalypse Now and hanging out with Marlon Brando. That was just about the coolest day of work I’ve ever had.”
Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp flies into theatres June 6th.