ABC has set premiere dates for a selection of their summer series including dating competition The Proposal, procedural Take Two, and the return of Match Game.
Summer Premiere Schedule:
- June 18 (10pm): The Proposal
- June 21 (9pm): Match Game Season Premiere
- June 21 (10pm): Take Two
- The Proposal: Hosted by former NFL quarterback and Season 5 Bachelor Jesse Palmer, each episode will feature 10 eligible daters competing in four pageant-style rounds to win the heart of a mystery man or woman whose identity is concealed from them. The male or female daters will attempt to woo the mystery suitor with their words in a first impressions round; bare their souls in a beachwear round; answer the mystery suitor’s most pressing romantic questions; and strive to receive a seal of approval from the mystery suitor’s most trusted family member in the final round. After each phase, the daters who fail to connect with the mystery suitor are whittled down, leading to the dramatic and highly anticipated reveal, when the two remaining daters finally meet the mystery suitor for the first time, just in time for a romantic proposal.
- Match Game: A fantastic lineup of celebrities are in store this summer to join host Alec Baldwin including Laverne Cox, David Arquette, James Van Der Beek, Amy Sedaris, Jenifer Lewis, Anthony Anderson, Christina Ricci, ICE-T, Yvette Nicole Brown, Kenan Thompson, Niecy Nash, Tom Lennon, Caroline Rhea, Mark Duplass, Constance Zimmer, Joel McHale, Michael Ealy, Mario Cantone, Adam Pally, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Cheryl Hines, Ellie Kemper, John Early, Donald Faison, Kate Flannery, Nikki Glaser, Jane Krakowski, Tituss Burgess and Jack McBrayer.
- Take Two: From Terri Edda Miller and Andrew W. Marlowe, the creators and executive producers of ABC’s highly popular series “Castle,” comes this upbeat detective series that follows Sam Swift (Rachel Bilson), the former star of a hit cop series whose epic breakdown is broadcast to the public and sends her to rehab. Desperate to restart her career, she talks her way into shadowing lone-wolf private investigator Eddie Valetik (Eddie Cibrian) as research for a potential comeback role. Though Eddie resents the babysitting gig, high-spirited Sam uses the skills she learned as an actor playing a cop and proves herself to be surprisingly valuable. The cast also includes Xavier de Guzman, Aliyah O’Brien and Alice Lee.