Today, The Walt Disney Studios announced a number of release date changes and additions, including new dates for Indiana Jones 5, Mary Poppins Returns, Jungle Cruise, Maleficent II, and more.
- As Deadline reports, the most notable change on Disney’s slate is that Indiana Jones 5 has officially been pushed from its long-standing July 10th, 2020 date to one year later. It is now set to swing into theatres July 9th, 2021.
- This confirmation comes after rumors have emerged in recent weeks that the film’s script was not yet in place, delaying a production start.
- Next, while both films were already confirmed to be happening, Jungle Cruise starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Maleficent II featuring a returning Angelina Jolie have now both secured release dates.
- Jungle Cruise is now set to launch October 11th, 2019 while Maleficent 2 will bow May 29th, 2020.
- Among the more minor changes, Mary Poppins Returns will debut a few days early, flying into theatres on December 19th of this year instead of on Christmas Day.
- Additionally, the anticipated Wreck-it Ralph sequel, which had officially been titled Ralph Break the Internet: Wreck-it Ralph 2 has apparently dropped the subtitle from its moniker.
- Finally, the studio removed a placeholder date set for an untitled Disney live-action film that had been set for November 8th, 2019.