Yahoo! Finance shared an article earlier today that a new hotel is in the works for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. The company that owns both hotels plans to bring a third tower to the site by 2020.
- The Orlando Business Journal, reports that Tishman real estate firm and Metlife Investment Management, owners of the The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort hotels, are planning to build a third tower on their current site.
- This new hotel will be built of over the existing tennis courts, and when complete, will be 14 stories tall and will have 349 guest rooms. Plans are to break ground this fall with an expected opening date in 2020.
More Hotel features:
- Meeting rooms with rooftop terrace– Over 21,000 total square feet of meeting space on three floors, including the top floor which will offer spectacular views of Disney’s nightly Epcot and Hollywood Studios theme park fireworks
- Guest rooms– 198 traditional rooms and 151 suites offering private executive meeting spaces equipped with state-of-the-art technology
- Restaurant– 75-seat restaurant including a 50-seat lounge and bar area and additional function space
- Fitness center– Full-service health club with private changing rooms
- Outdoor space– Lushly landscaped 16,800-square-foot elevated deck with a fire pit and 90-foot long pool
- Daniel R. Tishman, principal and vice chairman of Tishman, in a prepared statement: “We look forward to expanding the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort and to marking the next chapter in our decades-long relationship with Disney. This expansion is an exciting continuation of our commitment to delivering a best-in-class experience for all resort guests, and is consistent with our recent enhancement of the Dolphin lobbies and resort guestrooms.”
More Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin:
- Earlier this year, the Walt Disney World Swan announced plans to conduct a $3 million renovation. The project will take place in phases, in order to remain open to guests throughout the renovation, and is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2018.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning