Walt Disney World guests looking to make their visit a little more interesting, will soon be able to get up close and personal with rhinos at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Starting in November, Disney will offer “Up Close with Rhinos” tours that will allow guests to see behind the scenes of caring for animals.
- Starting on November 1, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will begin offering a guided adventure giving guests a behind the scenes look at the white rhinos on Kilimanjaro Safaris.
- The Disney Parks Blog shared that “Up Close with Rhinos” will be a 60-minute tour. Guests will learn how the dedicated animal teams care for white rhinos and how Disney is helping save endangered species in the wild.
- As part of this unique experience, guests may even get a chance to touch a rhino.
- Disney hopes that theses tours will help to inspire guests to aid in Disney’s commitment to wildlife and nature conservation.
- “Up Close with Rhinos” tours will be offered once each day.
- Starting on September 22 —which is World Rhino Day—guests can make reservations for the one-hour tours by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.
- Guests must be at least 4 years old to participate, and the cost is $40 (plus tax).
- Discounts are available to select passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members.
What they’re saying:
- Caitlin Miller Rhino Care Team Cast Member: “I love talking to guests about how unique each individual rhino’s personality is. I know once guests come and meet the rhinos, they are going to see just how amazing they are and will want to help us secure a future for them.”
Did you know:
- Rhinos in the wild are found in bush country and open grassy flatlands in Africa and Southeast Asia.
- They are among the most endangered animals in the world due largely in part to poaching.
- Disney supports rhino conservation efforts around the world, including those of Sumatran rhinos, which are found only in Indonesia and are critically endangered.
- To date, the Disney Conservation Fund has provided more than $2 million to support rhino conservation efforts around the world.