Freeform has reportedly found four of the five leads for their upcoming reboot of the popular 90’s drama series Party of Five, according to Deadline.
- Freeform plans to reboot Fox’s popular 90’s family drama with an immigration-themed series focused on a family of Mexican-American siblings.
- Four of the five siblings have been cast. The actors include:
- Brandon Larracuente (13 Reasons Why)
- Emily Tosta (Mayans M.C.)
- Niko Guardado (The Goldbergs)
- Elle Paris Legaspi
- Fox’s original series focused on the five Salinger siblings who became orphans after their parents were killed in a car accident involving a drunk driver.
- Freeform’s reboot will focus on the Buendía siblings as they try to survive as a family after their parents have been deported back to Mexico.
- Chris Keyser and Amy Lippman, creators of the original series, will team with Sony Pictures TV to create the reboot.
- The reboot was announced back in January.
More on the characters:
- Larracuente plays Emilio Buendía: An aspiring musician and the oldest son of Gloria and Javier Buendía. Emilio is the reason his parents crossed the Mexican border into the United States nearly twenty-five years ago in hopes of a better life. Although the oldest, he’s the least responsible of the siblings, and had been enjoying living away from home and the freedom that came with it until his parents’ status was threatened.
- Tosta plays Lucia Buendía: A straight-A student with lofty college ambitions until her parents run into trouble with immigration. Their circumstances force her to reevaluate her disposition to play by the rules. She quickly becomes resistant to authority, politically radicalized and rebellious to her presumed duties as the oldest sister.
- Guardado plays Beto Buendía: The second oldest brother of the family who steps up in the midst of turmoil. While struggling with sports, girls and school, he soon discovers that being the head of his family comes easily to him and gives him the self-respect and sense of purpose he has never had before.
- Legaspi plays ten-year-old Valentina Buendía: The precocious and resourceful youngest sister. Forced to face adolescence without her mother, she’s desperately afraid of what the future holds, and her vulnerability will require her older siblings to step up and offer the structure and support that they may not be wholly equipped to provide.