ILMxLAB has released a launch trailer for The VOID’s next hyper-reality experience, Ralph Breaks VR.
- The new experience based on Disney’s upcoming sequel Ralph Breaks the Internet, was announced back in September.
- The launch trailer gives a look into the fun, colorful and humorous world that will be explored in the new film.
- Both the new movie and the new hyper-reality adventure from The VOID will be released on November 21.
- Disney offers the following description of the new experience:
- In teams of 4, guests will break into the internet with Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope von Schweetz disguised as characters from the film called “Netizens” to play the newest, coolest video game ever. Ralph Breaks VR introduces two brand new locations, Dunderdome and Pancake Milkshake Diner, and a new antagonist, B.E.V. voiced by writer Pamela Ribon, which stands for “Built to Eradicate Viruses.”
- Both Disney Springs at Walt Disney World and Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort, which currently host The Void’s Star Wars: Secrets of Empire experience, host this new experience as well.
- Pre-sale tickets for Ralph Breaks VR are now available online at TheVOID.com.
- Star Wars: Secrets of Empire will remain available at both locations as well, with details on programming to be released soon.
- Be sure to check back for more coverage of Ralph Breaks VR.
What they’re saying:
- Pamela Ribon, Co-Writer for Ralph Breaks the Internet and Writer for Ralph Breaks VR: “It’s incredible to work on an experience like Ralph Breaks VR that lets you live inside a film you’ve spent years creating. ILMxLAB and The VOID have built a world where Ralph and Vanellope really come alive around you.”
- Vicki Dobbs Beck, Executive in Charge at ILMxLAB: “There is nothing more magical than stepping inside a rich animated world – especially one filled with color, life, humor and delightful characters as is the case with Ralph Breaks the Internet. The upcoming launch of this project marks another successful collaboration between ILMxLAB and The VOID, with the incredible opportunity to work alongside the talented teams at Walt Disney Animation Studios. Ralph Breaks VR is an experience that brings a smile to your face and the desire to have another go around with friends and family.”
- Curtis Hickman, The Void’s founder and chief creative officer: “Designing the elements that pull you irresistibly into the unique world of Ralph and Vanellope has been an incredibly fun process. What we’ve created together with ILMxLAB is an astounding adventure that allows people to experience a unique extension of Wreck-It Ralph’s detailed characters, environments and stories. With this new experience we are able to truly showcase the capabilities of The VOID, allowing guests to once more step beyond reality.”