Earlier today, ESPN announced they will being launch the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Network next summer. The first conference football came will debut the following week on the brand new network.
- ESPN and the Atlantic Coast Conference announced that the ACC Network will launch on Thursday, August 22, 2019.
- The following week, on August 29, the first conference football game will kick off on the new all-ACC platform when Georgia Tech visits Clemson for a Thursday night contest.
- The 24/7 network is poised to air 1,300 live events annually across its TV and digital offerings from around the conference’s 15 member schools and 27 sponsored sports.
What they’re saying:
- ESPN President and Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks, James Pitaro: “With just under nine months until launch, we are all systems go with ACC Network preparations. The strength of the season opening game between Georgia Tech and Clemson is indicative of the robust schedule and programming we have planned for ACC fans.”
- ACC Commissioner John Swofford: “We continue to look ahead to the launch of the ACC Network with great anticipation, and this is another step in the process. “Showcasing all of our outstanding programs remains a top priority, and our partnership with ESPN allows fans to have greater access than ever before. I also commend our schools who have done an outstanding job in their preparations for a successful launch.”
For the Fans
- ESPN will debut an ACC Network-dedicated promo spot during its primetime coverage of the Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship, on Saturday, December 1, at 8 pm ET on ABC.
- In addition, ESPN will deploy new campaign assets complementing the spot to promote the forthcoming network.
- Fans interested in learning more about ACC Network can visit www.GetACCN.com.
- Additional ACC Network details will be announced throughout 2019.