The Anaheim Ducks have been entertaining hockey fans for 25 years and in honor of this anniversary, they’re planning quite the celebration. Even Disneyland Resort is getting in on the fun during Anaheim Ducks Silver Celebration Week.
- The Anaheim Ducks are celebrating their 25th anniversary and are passing the fun along to the fans.
- February 10-17, 2019 is Anaheim Ducks Silver Celebration Week and the week will be full of festivities throughout the city.
- Events offered during the week-long celebration include:
- 2019 Center Ice Party: Go Orange for Orangewood
- Anaheim Ducks Day at Disney California Adventure Park
- The Mighty Ducks Movie Experience
- The Mighty Ducks Movie Tribute Night
- Day of Service with the Anaheim Ducks
- 25 Years of Ducks Community Dedication
- Scott Niedermayer’s Jersey Retirement
Silver Celebration Week:
- Sunday, February 10: 2019 Center Ice Party: Go Orange for Orangewood – The annual Ducks fundraising event will feature an afternoon of wine tasting and mingling with your favorite Anaheim Ducks players, coaches and broadcasters, all in support of Orangewood Foundation and Orange County foster youth.
- Monday, February 11: Anaheim Ducks Day at Disney California Adventure Park – Disney and Anaheim Ducks fans alike will have the opportunity to take part in fun in-park experiences that day, including hockey-themed activities, photo opportunities and more!
- Tuesday, February 12: The Mighty Ducks Movie Experience – A fun throwback to the team’s roots. Join other fans for a special screening of The Mighty Ducks movie at The Yost Theater in downtown Santa Ana’s Historic District. During the interactive evening, attendees will be able to meet with members of the original cast and creators, and view original props and costumes from the iconic movies.
- Wednesday, February 13: The Mighty Ducks Movie Tribute Night – The Ducks take on the Canucks at Honda Center in honor the club’s start as an NHL franchise. The Ducks will wear the iconic jersey from The Mighty Ducks movie during warm-ups and hold a special ceremonial puck drop to pay homage to the inspiration for the birth of the franchise.
- Thursday, February 14: Day of Service with the Anaheim Ducks – Team alumni join forces in a volunteer effort to benefit the local community. Each season, Ducks alumni and current players volunteer hundreds of hours to raise funds or directly support local organizations seeking to better the lives of underserved youth and those less fortunate in our community.
- Friday, February 15: 25 Years of Ducks Community Dedication – The Ducks take on the Boston Bruins and fans in attendance will have the opportunity to designate Anaheim Ducks Foundation funds to 25 local nonprofit organizations.
- Sunday, February 17: Scott Niedermayer’s Jersey Retirement – As the celebratory week comes to a close, on final special event will be held during the Ducks game against the Washington Capitals at Honda Center. Special guests will be in attendance to help celebrate Niedermayer’s Ducks career as his No. 27 jersey is raised to the rafters. Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 4:15 pm for this incredible ceremony.
About the Anaheim Ducks:
- The National Hockey League club was founded in 1993 by The Walt Disney Company. They were originally known as the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, a name which was inspired by the 1992 film, The Mighty Ducks.
- The name remained the same until the 2006-2007 season, when the club officially became known as Anaheim Ducks.