Freeform will host its second annual Freeform Summit this March in Hollywood. The one day event will bring together industry professionals, focus on creating change, and revolutionizing the concept of the pageant. The event will feature panels focused on inclusion and redefining the status quo.
- Freeform announced today the second annual Freeform Summit, a network and industrywide event featuring some of the biggest names at the forefront of the network’s 2019 programming slate.
- The summit will be held in Hollywood on Thursday, March 28.
- This year’s event will spotlight key influencers, tastemakers and pop culture titans who have dedicated their voices to creating culture and effecting change.
- The theme for the event will be a reimagined beauty pageant, providing “a stage for everyone” to have a voice, be ambassadors of change and tell stories that matter.
- Panels will deliver candid conversations surrounding representation, authentic storytelling, inclusion and mentorship, and emphasize how far young adults have pushed society to reexamine cultural norms.
- The format of the summit is guided by Freeform’s identity, which continues to set itself apart from other content platforms by delivering stories that celebrate the power, possibility and inclusivity of youth culture—stories that break boundaries, are bold, sophisticated, inspirational, culturally significant and most importantly, on the pulse of young adult life.
- The event will highlight talent, executives, showrunners and directors across multiple Freeform series including:
- Good Trouble
- Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger
- Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists
- The Bold Type
- Upcoming series Besties.
- Panels, moderators and participants of the 2019 Freeform Summit to be announced at a later date.
What they’re saying:
- Tom Ascheim, president, Freeform: “Today’s generation of young adults are teaching us to see the world differently and strive for diverse representation in everything we do within storytelling, fashion, music and the entire entertainment landscape. So whether you’re a pageant queen or a drag queen, at this year’s Freeform Summit the stage belongs to everyone and there are no judges allowed.”