ESPN has launched a new podcast titled Stupodity, starring Dan Le Batard’s longtime ESPN Radio co-host Jon Weiner, better known as “Stugotz.”
- Stupodity is the second original offering from the newly formed Le Batard and Friends Podcast Network created by ESPN Podcasts.
- The new podcast will be a weekly opportunity for Stugotz’s views on sports and life with visits from the people important to him both professionally and personally.
- The first episode launched yesterday (January 31) and it features the new head coach of the New York Jets, Adam Gase, as the guest.
- Just one day after the launching of the first episode, Stupodity has already jumped to the number one spot, among all podcasts, on Apple Podcasts.
What they’re saying:
- Pete Gianesini, ESPN senior director, digital audio programming: “We’ve been talking for months if not longer about an original Stugotz podcast, and thanks to the launch of Le Batard and Friends, here we are. This is a great extension of the Stu we hear on radio as he takes us home to share his personal and family life with us…whether we want it or not! I hope all his fans share my excitement to hear where this goes for as long as we can keep him interested and motivated.”
- Stugotz: “I was going to use this space to tell you the direction of Stupodity but I honestly have no idea! What I do know is that my wife, Abby, is going to be a big part of it and we hope to have funny discussions about sports, parenting, marriage and life that will be relatable to so many people out there and that alone makes this different and unique. Additionally, I have so many great people and funny personalities in my life who have been so supportive of me over the years, and this is a chance for all of us to do something fun together and for me to introduce them to you. That’s a nice way of saying, ‘they’ll be doing all the work and I’ll be collecting all the checks.’ Ha, that’s Stupodity!”
- Stugotz on Stupodity reaching number one: “I think I should end the podcast now. I want to go out on top.”