After getting “Rickrolled” the last time we were teased with a peek at Frozen 2, today Disney delivered the real thing, releasing a new trailer for the film.
- Following yesterday’s release of the first trailer for Frozen, fans eagerly viewed the new teaser over 116 million times in 24 hours, making it the most viewed animated trailer ever.
- Walt Disney Animation Studios shared the news on twitter and thanked fans for their love and support of the franchise.
Thank you to the fans around the world for making the teaser trailer for #Frozen2 the most viewed animation trailer of all time, with a record-breaking 116.4 million views in 24 hours! pic.twitter.com/4jhQoWV2HB
— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) February 14, 2019
- The teaser trailer takes on a more serious tone, first showing Elsa attempting to run across the ocean, battling waves in the process.
- We also get a look at Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven throughout the trailer as they appear to be on some sort of journey.
- Incidentally, the designs for Anna and Elsa as well as the leaves that blow around the title reveal would suggest that the previously-unconfirmed artwork we saw in December was legit.
- In addition to the trailer, a new teaser poster for the film was also released
- Directed once again by Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff, and Josh Gad are all returning for Frozen 2.
- Plus, Oscar-winning songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez have penned new songs for the film.
- Frozen 2 hits theatres November 22nd.